Problem Exporting Data Download in Excel

Problem Exporting Data Download in Excel

by Dennis Anderson -
Number of replies: 0

Hello Everyone.  I am very new to moodle, but LOVE it.  I actually have two problems right now that I just cannot crack.  Unfortunately, one may be self created.   First (the one I don't think is my fault [but probably is]), When I click on the Download to Excel button in the gradebook, it downloads fine, but when I try to open the document in Excel 2003 or Excel 2007, it has errors.

ERROR:

Excel recovered your formulas and cell values, but some data may have been lost.

The second problem I am having is also related to the Excel file, but is more related to the pointer student in file grade/lib.php.  I have added another field in the table mdl_user named highschool and on the signup form I have edited to take the input and store it into the db.  This all works seamlessly; however, I guess I don't know where the pointer student is declared at (or where the actual mysql query takes place) as when I try to export the student->highschool field to the excel file, I get nothing but a blank.  I have checked and the student->email, student->department, etc. work properly.  I guess I just need to know how to get student->highschool to pull the data from the mdl_user table and be linked to the id field also in that table.  I hope I described this enough, but if I didn't, please let me know.  I am sure this is not a hard problem for the experts, but this novice is a bit over his head. 

Thank you very much in advance for attempting this problem with me.  Oh and I looked at some other posts regarding the Excel Office 2003 problem, but just do not understand exactly which files to edit and what to do.   Someone posted to go into one file and another wanted to edit another... just confuses me a little.