Force whole theme to use frontpage header?

Force whole theme to use frontpage header?

by David Gladwin -
Number of replies: 3

Hi there, this is my first post on these forums and hopefully won't be my last. I've been designing a new theme for our School's Moodle. Basically what I have decided is that I would like to use the larger "FrontPage" header (the full height one with the full size logo etc) everywhere on Moodle instead of the smaller half height one. Would this simply be a case of changing a couple of values in  the PHP files or would this be a lot of work?

Thanks in advance

Dave Gladwin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Gladwin

Re: Force whole theme to use frontpage header?

by David Gladwin -
Sorted now so nevermind smile
In reply to David Gladwin

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi David,
When one posts a question to these forums and then finds the solution by oneself, it is good practise to say exactly what that solution was. This can help participants who had the same problem/query.wink
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by David Gladwin -
Hi Joseph. I basically found the solution in the header.html file that I am using with the theme. It's a bit of a bodge (But aren't the bodges always the best?!) There are two sections which start with "This header will be displayed on the home page only" or something along those lines with the relevent DIV IDs and classes. If you follow this down you will see something like "This header will be displayed on every other page" which contains the IDs and classes for the "smaller" versions of the top header (followed further down by breadcrumbs etc). I simply copied the lot from the home page bit relating to the images that are used to form the header and pasted it into the "every other page" bit, if that makes sense?
Just broken up for xmas holidays today but I can post the code when I get back to School if anyone is still unsure of what I mean.

Regards,
David Gladwin