Using cvs on windows

Using cvs on windows

by Perry Smit -
Number of replies: 2

I know this is probably a very basi question for you all of here, though have spend to much time to figure out how to use cvs.

I know how start and configure my pc and intall things like Moodle, though keeping a program updated like Moodle using cvs is missed in my upbringing.

I read different help files on sourceforge, but they start all with showing directly commands when you are on unix.

So my questions begins with:

Do I need a program to access cvs?

So yes, which program (I have tried wincvs but did´n understand what was going on).

What more to read to get me on the road with cvs?

Perry

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Perry Smit

Re: Using cvs on windows

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Some instructions are here for using read/write CVS (eg many of the language editors maintain their own files in the Moodle tree)

http://moodle.com/doc/?frame=cvs.html

Using WinCVS for anonymous read-only access should be simpler ... perhaps someone else can provide a walkthrough.
In reply to Perry Smit

Re: Using cvs on windows

by Mitsuhiro Yoshida -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi.

Please try this smile
I attached a hardcopy of Admin setteing 'adminsetteing.jpg', so you could use this setteing for anonymous access.

1. Launch wincvs.

2. Change Admin setteing. (Admin -> Preferences Ctrl+F1)

3. Select Checkout Module. (Create -> Checkout Module)

4. Tyep 'moodle' into 'Module name and path ont the server:'.

5. Select a folder you want to download Moodle at 'Local folder to checkout to:'.

6. Press OK button.

Attachment adminsetteing.jpg