Formal White theme for Moodle 1.2 beta

Formal White theme for Moodle 1.2 beta

by Andrea Bicciolo -
Number of replies: 5

I've upgraded the formal_white theme to 1.2. At a very first glance it seems to work but any comment/suggestion from the community will greatly help. At the present time there is no custom pix folder in the theme, so it should be very fast to download. The modified files are:

• config.php
  • styles.php
  • header.html
  • footer.html

The themes allows the use of two logos, one bigger for the home page and one smaller for the other areas of Moodle. There are no sizes defined for logos in header.html so the size can be modified as needed.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

Re: Formal White theme for Moodle 1.2 beta

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Nice job!  I've included this in Moodle 1.2.

Andreas, please let me know if you want CVS access to edit it in future.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Andrea Bicciolo -

Hi Martin,

thank you for adding the theme to Moodle 1.2. About CVS access to mantain it, yes it would be great.

In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

by Chris Clark -

Hi Andrea,

I'm very new to Moodle, and would like to create my own custom theme for the site.

I've read through the documentation, and working my way through it slowly.

What I've basically done, is taken the Standard White Theme (I think I've named it correctly), and opened it up in Dreamweaver to try and edit it, but have had numerous problems (Such as removing the Header PHP variable to put in my logo, but then having problems with the site).

Do you think Dreamweaver is the right program to use?  I have a moderate knowlege of cgi and php (from teaching myself), but not a true master wink

In reply to Chris Clark

by Andrea Bicciolo -

Hi Chris,

if you are using Formal_white theme, (the one I uploaded), to change the logo just save your own on top of  the existing logo.jpg and logo_small.jpg.

To further modify the theme, you should edit the config.php and styles.php: you can use the editor you prefer (I used Dreamweaver too) but you need a working knowledge of CSS2 syntax to modify styles.php. As Martin suggest, you can obtain a radically new theme editing only the config.php file and changing the RGB values to fit your needs.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)