Teachers/Administrators Listed with Course

Teachers/Administrators Listed with Course

by Cynthia Alexander -
Number of replies: 7

This may be something simple, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.  Is there a way to list courses on the front page without the Teacher or Administrator listed with them?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cynthia Alexander

Re: Teachers/Administrators Listed with Course

by Shane Elliott -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
As a quick solution you could hide it using CSS - add something like the following to your current theme's css file:
#site-index .courseboxcontent .teachers li{
 display: none;
}

by Yu Zhang -
Hi Cynthia,

We have added a feature in 1.8 so that you can configure what roles to display on front page. In 1.7, I believe normal admins would not be displayed if they have no additional roles in a course. If you remove their roles from their courses they should stop showing up.

Cheers,

Yu
In reply to Yu Zhang

by Brian Schmidt -
On a somewhat related note, I'm trying to figure out how to change what gets displayed on the category's page. Right now, it seems the only names that will show up with the description of a course are Course Creators and Editing Teachers.

I would also like those who are assigned as Non-editing Teachers to show as well. We also created a new Support role, which would be nice to have show up too.

Also, a related problem to the issue above is that these new Support role persons are not displayed when you bring up the participant list for a class.

How do I go about changing this behavior? Is it possible?

TIA,
Brian

by Bente Olsen -
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In your settings for the front site you might want to show the "Combo list" - did you try that?