Insert Image from Editor into a Forum Discussion

Insert Image from Editor into a Forum Discussion

by Walter Behnke -
Number of replies: 4

I'm totally new to the Moodle environment -- I wanted to insert an image using the HTML editor from the Forum Summary and couldn't get a path with image filename to work when the popup window presents URL:

I have created a couple of folders from my root and stored an image file in one of those folders:

/Course_Admin/Communicate_360.jpg

How would I reference to place images into the editor window?

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Walter Behnke

Re: Insert Image from Editor into a Forum Discussion

by Bryan Williams -

Walter,

If you are logged in as either a teacher or admin to the course, consider uploading your resources to Moodle using the Files link, located in the Administration control panel in the lower left of the screen. When this is done they will appear in the HTML editor when you click the Insert picture link.  Notice that an absolute path statement must be given.

insert

Bryan

In reply to Bryan Williams

by Walter Behnke -
Thanks.
Perhaps, this is a new version of the Editor.
I had uploaded image file into a subfolder from the root folder:
/Course_Admin
No files showed up in the 'Insert Image' dialogue box -- nor was I able to browse to any directory related to the Moodle site.
In reply to Bryan Williams

by Walter Behnke -

Bryan,

You make reference to 'upload to Moodle' - into what location or folder?

How to reference the file location is the issue.

Thanks for any further help on this.

In reply to Walter Behnke

by Bryan Williams -

Walter,

None of this will make any sense unless you are using at least version 1.2 Dev. of Moodle. A new and greatly improved HTML editor has been added.  You can now actually upload a file directly into Moodle via the editor.  Notice the Browse... and Upload buttons at the bottom. If you see this, place the cursor in the field next to the Browse.. button and then click the button.  This will open the directory window on your computer allowing you to locate the desired resource.  Next, simply click Upload and the resource will appear in the File Browser area of Insert Image.  My suggestion that you upload all resources in advance referred to using the Files feature, available in the Administration panel on the course homepage. Experiment with uploading elements you use in the course here.

Bryan