Courses not for individuals but for teams

Courses not for individuals but for teams

by Rostik Slipetskyy -
Number of replies: 4
Hi! I need to have a course in Moodle, where some number of people would work on the common topic, and a teacher should have a possibility to assign a grade to the group. Could you please advise me, whether I should adapt some existing Moodle plugin to my goals, or to develop it by myself? I will appreciate any response! Thanks in advance!
రేటింగుల సగటు: -
In reply to Rostik Slipetskyy

Re: Courses not for individuals but for teams

by Robert Brenstein -
Unfortunately, team support is still lacking in Moodle even though it has been requested and discussed quite a few times. See, for example:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=52134#239632

So, if you really need it, you have to hack whatever activities you need to use to provide the required functionality.
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Rostik Slipetskyy -
Thanks for your response. However, since I do need to have team-based courses in half a year, maybe you will give me any hint from what should I start. I mean, is there any way to create Moodle plugins? Maybe there is ome way to develop add-ins? How Moodle can be extended without changing too much working code?
In reply to Rostik Slipetskyy

by Robert Brenstein -
As you may guess from the fact that nobody programmed it yet, it ain't trivial, although it maybe as well that nobody needed it badly enough so far. There is a way to create Moodle plugins, Moodle is wonderfully modular, but implementing teams requires some modifications of the core of Moodle, and most likely, all activity modules must do some adjustment to support them. To gauge the issues, search for discussions related to teams in the forums as well as in tracker.