Quiz grades not carrying over

Quiz grades not carrying over

by Joel Triska -
Number of replies: 3

A prof needed to change the total points of a quiz (i.e. from 10 pts to 100 pts). So a student who made 8 automatically changed to 80. However, in the grading grid, that particular quiz grade still reads 8 even though it is now out of 100. How do I get the change in the quiz grade to carry over.

Is there a way to manually change these in the grading grid?

In reply to Joel Triska

Re: Quiz grades not carrying over

by James Steinbach -

Hi Joel!

I replicated your problem here and here's the fix that worked for me:
View the quiz, click the "Results" tab, and click "Regrade."  This rescaled the quiz points and corrected the student's grade (from 8/100 to 80/100).

In reply to James Steinbach

Grading a Glossary

by Todd Hughes -
I know this isn't the proper forum, but I can't find one that seems to fit. I'm a high school teacher using Glossary as an assignment. I assign a certain number of terms to each student, and then grade them. Because it averages the score for the entries, rather than assigning a point value for each term, if a student doesn't enter the number of terms assigned, I have no way of penalizing them for not doing the work. Conceivably, a student could do half the work and get as good a grade as a student who did all the work. Is there a workaround to this? Please e-mail me off-forum at hughest1@educationcentral.org.

Thanks for any help you can give.
In reply to Todd Hughes

Re: Grading a Glossary

by James Steinbach -

Maybe I don't know some of the specifics, but have you tried using a quiz full of short answer questions? If you want it to work like an assignment (not like a normal quiz), you can set the number of attempts at unlimited and set it to close on the due date.