Assignment Topic are not showing --- Very URGENT

Assignment Topic are not showing --- Very URGENT

by Ashok Naidu -
Number of replies: 1

HI,

We have installed the moodle1.5 It was working fine but suddenly all the user , logs , assignment etc got deleted from the assignment. I checked the database all the records was there but when i tried to execute the sql statement on the table it gave us the table key doe not exists and and it asked us to repair the table. I went and repaired the full database. Now i can login as client , instructor and even admin but when i click on the course it is not showing me any assignment. It happens with all the courses.

Please let me know what could be the problem and solution for that. Our Website is online and lots of users are using it. So please take this problem as very urgent and high priority

Thanks and Regards,
Ashok Naidu

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ashok Naidu

Re: Assignment Topic are not showing --- Very URGENT

by Gary Anderson -
Ashok:

I'm sorry you are having problems. This does not seem to be a Moodle issue specifically, but rather a corrupt database. This might happen if you have a hard drive issue, lose power during a write operation in certain cases, etc. Some sql management programs, like SQLyog have additional tools that you may want to try for repair. You don't say if you can execute a sql statement on the assignment table *after* you did the repair; that would be important. Also, make sure that your table "course_modules" exists as that ties assignments to course topics, etc. And individual submissions would be in the table assignment_submissions.

If none of this works, hopefully you have a recent backup of the Moodle database that you can restore. If the tables are gone completely, I don't think that you will have any other options but to go to the most recent backup.

Good luck.