Wiki Error

Wiki Error

by Nick Young -
Number of replies: 5
Hi All,

I have been using Wiki's for a while on moodle with no problem. However after upgrading to 1.7 I am getting a few problems. Before submitting a bug report I just wanted to check that I was not doing something stupid.

I create a wiki, set TYPE to STUDENT and GROUP MODE to NO GROUPS. My understanding is that all students get an individual Wiki that only they and I can see. Now I have a class of 8, when one person goes to edit their page it works fine. However, when the second person goes to edit I get the message:
------------------

This page is being edited by xxxxxxxx. They began editing at Monday, 4 December 2006, 09:50 AM and still have the window open as of Monday, 4 December 2006, 09:50 AM.

You need to wait for them to finish before you can edit this page.

------------------

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Nick

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nick Young

Re: Wiki Error

by Nick Young -
I have just read this line in the 1.7 Release Note:

• While editing a wiki page it is now locked so that others cannot try to change it at the same time. Teachers can override the lock.
I did not see this before I upgraded to 1.7, guess I should read things more carefully. Can this be turned off?

I want to have individual Wiki's for each student that the other students cannot see. i.e student mode and no groups. I had this in 1.5 fine. Probably me being stupid, if the Wiki's are individual then there should be no problem with having to lock files as each student is only editting their own Wiki and no one elses.

Please feel free to point out where I am going wrong (probably something really simple).

Regards,
Nick

In reply to Nick Young

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi,

Might a teacher be trying to edit the page at the same time?

"Every student has their own wiki which only they and their teacher can view and edit."

In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Nick Young -
Hi,

No. I am the only teacher using this particular moodle installation and am present in the class with them. I have tested it with me (teacher) being on the the Wiki page on edit and view, I have tried with me not being anywhere near the Wiki page and with me being logged out. We have exactly the same problem.

I did think it may have been me using pre-existing Wiki activities with the upgraded moodle (1.7) so created brand new Wiki's, and still get the same error. From reading other posts, I know there are a few other people having similar problems.

Thanks,
Nick
In reply to Nick Young

by Brian Morris -
I have the same problem. I have tried every combination of the groups to fix this problem. I want every student to have their own wiki that only they and I can edit. However, when they go to edit their own wiki it says that another student is editing it. The only thing I can think of is that we are using thin clients so moodle only sees the IP of the server. Could this be an issue???
In reply to Brian Morris

by Nick Young -
Hi All,

Am still getting this issue, although it has not appeared for a while. Have only updated the CVS in December which did seem to solve the issues, but only whilst two people are logged on.

Nick