Moodle Evangelist required

Moodle Evangelist required

by Tony Sheppard -
Number of replies: 14
Hi folks ... I was pondering which area to plonk this request in and this seems the most likely place ...

I am looking for a Moodle Evangelist to loiter on an exhibition stand at BETT in January 2007.

EduGeek.net are running the Technical Information Point and we are demonstrating or giving advice on a wide range of areas and we are lacking a few things ... one of them is an experienced Moodler ... it would only really be for an hour a day and we are more than willing to spread this over a number of people.

I will be putting this request on a few different forums / mailing lists so contact me as appropriate.

Tony Sheppard
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tony Sheppard

Re: Moodle Evangelist required

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I could *maybe* be persuaded for a small consideration smile

I'm up in Scotland though, so less than handy perhaps.

by Gary Lyon -
If you have difficulties in finding a taker (sure wish I could help), consider setting up a live chat session at your booth where supporters could be available for questions, testimonial, etc. without necessarily having to be there??? You might end up with a lot of folks who otherwise would not be able to help.

Cheers!
Gary Lyon
Carson City, Nevada
USA

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The more the better, but just so you know, there will be a big colourful Moodle booth there at BETT this year.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Miles Berry -
Great stuff, Martin!
I'm speaking at BETT on the Thursday, and am happy to spend some time on either or both of the stands then and on the Saturday.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Miles Berry

by Julian Whitehead -

I am there on friday and would be happy to spend an hour or so assisting in the booth.

I am there as part of a school team, so couldn't really spend much more time than that - sorry.

Happy to help.

Julian

by Art Lader -
Woohoo! Good to know, Martin!

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Art Lader -
Good chance that I will be at BETT this year.

-- Art

In reply to Art Lader

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi Art,

Wuhoo! It will be great to meet you, hope you can make it.

There's a post here somewhere which mentions an exchange of beers IIRC... I hope we get chance to make that happen. tongueout

Moodle at BETT 2007

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi,

Just in case you're not sure where to find the Moodle stand its in the Software Village SW60.

bett.gif
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Andy Diament -
Hiya Ray

I don't know if I can make it there this time, to say this in person, so best of luck with the stall.

Who's running it with you?

Andy D
In reply to Andy Diament

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi Andy,

We'll have couple of staff on the stand throughout and will be sharing the formal manning of the stand with additional representatives from the other UK Moodle Partners.

The focus of the stand will be the commercial support services offered by Moodle Partners which play a key part in funding Moodle (Martin's recent funding drive post highlighted the cost of free software). The other key component of the Moodle equation is the community and it would be great to see as many Moodlers as possible over the event to create a real buzz around the stand.

Hope you can make it. Many thanks for your good wishes. smile

by Dale Jones -
I'm at BETT on the Wednesday, and if I can get away from other commitments I can offer some time. Not quite sure when though.

Best wishes
Dale
In reply to Dale Jones

by Richard Ackland -
I will be at BETT on Thursday -would love to spend an hour or so with you, and actually see some people who I read posts from !!
In reply to Richard Ackland

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi Richard,

It would be good to meet you. smile

Moodle at BETT 2007

Moodle at BETT 2007