Score % in quiz report always 0

Score % in quiz report always 0

by Roger Gardner -
Number of replies: 2
Hi there
We are testing out HotPot v2.1 on 1.5.3+ , but when looking at quiz reports the score % (in green text )always seems to be 0 (see attached screenprint ).
I understood score % as being the student's % score for each question. Am I wrong or is there a problem with the score % not displaying ?

Thanks
Roger
Attachment HP_Quiz_report_query.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roger Gardner

Re: Score % in quiz report always 0

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Roger,
looking at your questions, this is a JMatch quiz - am I right?

JMatch quizzes do not maintain a "score" for each question. They calculate the score from how many times the "Check" button was clicked before all items were correctly matched.

Thus, on JMatch quizzes, no "score" for each question is passed back to Moodle, and this is why no scores are displayed for individual questions on the reports for JMatch quizzes. Similarly, JCross quizzes do not maintain a score for each question.

On the other hand, JCloze and JQuiz quizzes do return a score for each question, and this information is available in the reports.

JMix also returns a score for the question, but there is only ever one question per quiz on a JMix quiz, so the question score is always the same as the quiz score.

hope that helps smile
Gordon

P.S. For the next version of the HotPot module, I would like to allow teacher's to define their own scoring system. This would be useful for showing the question scores in JMatch and JCross quizzes.
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Score % in quiz report always 0

by Roger Gardner -
Hi Gordon
Many thanks for your prompt response. By chance I happened to have tried a JCross and JMatch, but not the others!
I have tried a JQuiz now and can see the scores.
I agree that it would be useful for teachers to be able to define their own scoring system.
Well done and thanks for all your work on the HotPot module!
Cheers
Roger big grin