Copying Lesson Material

Copying Lesson Material

by Whitney Lowe -
Number of replies: 4
Is there an easy way to copy specific lesson activities (or resources, quizzes, etc.) from one course and paste them into another course. I am trying to make a sample introductory course that will be free to prospective students so they can see what the real course is like. It would be helpful to be able to just take parts out of the course and let them experiment with it.

Thanks,
Whitney

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Whitney Lowe

Re: Copying Lesson Material

by A. T. Wyatt -
Greetings, Whitney--

Have you tried using the import feature? You can select individual activities or resources and copy them over to another course. You should be the instructor of both courses.

atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

This solution is the most direct way.   I am stuck in the past smile

I better add a note to "see also" in MoodleDocs so I don't forget next time.

In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Whitney Lowe -
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Using the import feature worked perfectly.big grin

Whitney

In reply to Whitney Lowe

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi Whitney,

ATW suggests the import feature.  That is definately the most direct.

The longer approach uses the backup and restore outlined in MoodleDocs here.  Here it is in short hand version.  Variations depend upon the version of Moodle.    Basic process is to save the course, then restore the course by adding it to a new or to an existing course.

The variations are to only save resources, activities and forums from a course, which you want to restore to your sample course.     This way you can create a new Sample Course.  Then selectively save from Course 1 and restore it to the Sample Course.  Do the same thing from Course 2 and restore those things to the Sample Course.  

Back in the good old days, you might create a Sample Course.  Then restore all of Course 1 and all of Course 2 to Sample Course.  Then prepare for a long evening of deleting smile

Hope this helps.