Moodle documentation: Converting HTML into Wiki pages

Moodle documentation: Converting HTML into Wiki pages

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If you need to convert a HTML document into a Wiki page, then this converter is very useful and works well!

http://diberri.dyndns.org/wikipedia/html2wiki/
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Moodle documentation: Converting HTML into Wiki pages

by nuttanicha hnunil -
Thank you very much introduction for my question of Project. wink And me ask to you for my others question to use moodle.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

With the new Help system in Moodle 2.0 the online help is kept minimal, and links to the Moodle Wiki documentation are complementing that minimal info.

I am in the process of converting a number of former Help files from HTML to Wiki, and I think this is currently a problem for many moodle contributors.

So, a good (online or downloadable) HTML to Wiki converter is needed. The link provided by Martin back in 2006 is dead. I have found this converter:

HTML-to-wiki converter

It offers a wide choice of "wiki dialects". Can someone say which "dialect" fits the Moodle Wiki?

And what about converting tables from HTML to wiki?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you try MediaWiki. You can also simply copy html, including tables, into Moodle Docs and it will be displayed correctly.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Frank Ralf -
... only that Wiki markup is much more maintainable.
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Frank Ralf -
Hi Joseph,

See MediaWiki for some pointers. OpenOffice comes with an export filter for MediaWiki markup. But the really cool thing is the Sun Wiki Publisher which let's you publish content directly from OpenOffice to a MediaWiki.

hth
Frank
Average of ratings: Useful (1)