e-mails are not gooing out in moodle 1.7

e-mails are not gooing out in moodle 1.7

by Wim Van Borm -
Number of replies: 4

After upgrading from 1.6 to 1.7 we ran into troubles with the mail notification of the subscribed forum.

When a new post has been made no -emails are send out to those subscribed to the discussion.

We’re not using a SMTP server for this functionality. We use the standard php functionality.

Does any one know how to solve this problem?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wim Van Borm

Re: e-mails are not gooing out in moodle 1.7

by David Touvet -
Hi,

I had the same problem as you. In my course, I had only "administrator" and no students or teacher... I change somebody from administrator to teacher and I receive all emails... Maybe this could help you.

David
In reply to Wim Van Borm

by Peter Ho -
Hi,

I also had a similar problem which I initial thought had only to do with the site and announcement forum. There was a problem with assigned roles and cron had not been running on my site for more than a day. See the post below:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=59427

Peter
In reply to Peter Ho

by Melissa Holloway Bacon -

I am having a similar problem in that after upgrading, I think it was to 1.7  (how can I check which version without admin privileges?), emails stopped being sent out when anyone posted to a forum.

How can I advise our technical support to fix this?

I'm not sure how to use the link in the posting I'm replying to.

In reply to Melissa Holloway Bacon

by Rodrigo Smarzaro -
Melissa...I had similar problem....ask your administrator to check if the cron.php is running... smile

If not, there is your problem.