The quiz module and its dependency on other subject modules in Moodle.

The quiz module and its dependency on other subject modules in Moodle.

by Ajlan Al-Ajlan -
Number of replies: 0

Dear, all

My idea is that I intend to extend the core idea behind VLE (Moodle) tools which are gradually dominating academic institutes. The contribution that we are aiming for is to build a VLE around the Web services concepts i.e. Service-Oriented Architecture and its related techniques.

Deploying techniques like service descriptions, registrations, discovery and binding will open a wide door for (collaborative VLE services) that run under flexible, distributed and effective manner. Moreover, it supports the world-wide trend of offering online joint courses over internet which includes institutes in different countries who employ roaming staff and target mobile students. In order to proof the concept we have selected a well known service provided by product such as VLE (Moodle), i.e. quizzes.

Using web services allow educators at different universities and institutions to collaborate and share data by connecting individual courses together that are hosted on the different modules. For example, some teachers can teach the same course and share documents at different universities and institutions.

Actually, I’m confused between two ways to follow them in my research:

• Extend the current Moodle by using xml-rpc or soap/wsdl

OR

• Rebuilt Moodle by using Java or .net.

To decide which one I should choose, particular the first one, I have to understand Moodle, especially the quiz area. Therefore, I need the functional architecture for the use of software developers of Moodle. My target is to focus on quiz area, so I need the quiz module and its dependency on other subject modules in Moodle.

Could you please enhance me in this functional architecture and any suggestions?

Many thanks for your cooperation and consideration.

Yours sincerely

Ajlan Al-Ajlan

ajlan2003@yahoo.com

Average of ratings: -