Not sure about how you normally teach, so some pointers on your normal lesson activities
would help, but I use moodle extensively to teach at FE level and it's very useful.
I imagine you would want to do things like:
- Make resources like worksheets, scripts available for use at home
- Make videos of stuff you want them to either learn to perform or that you would like them to asses and make them available
- Make audio clips available
- Get the students to produce a weekly podcast as part of their assessment
- Set and mark written assignments to be uploaded to the site
- Put the students in groups and ask them to research an area and build a document together e.g. a glossary or a report
- Run an online debate about something where the students ahve to post links to sites that illustrate their arguments (Is opera only for the upper classes?
- Get the students to write reflectively and post their thoughts on a piece of work or a performance on their blog for either other students or the entire world to see.
That's of the top of my head and there's loads more. Moodle's very extensible and there are new modules and plugins being developed all the time.
Also, have a look in the moodle course exchange on this site to see if anyone is already teaching performing arts and has posted a course there.