Searching the Glossary

Searching the Glossary

by Jon Bolton -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I've come across a problem when searching my Glossary for a specific word. If that word is also contained 'within' a URL in the concept definition, that link is broken by the words 'class=highlight>'. Have a look at the image to see two examples of this. Anyone got any ideas about how I can get the Glossary Search Engine to stop being so rigourous in its application of the filter??
Attachment gloss-error.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jon Bolton

Re: Searching the Glossary

by Bryan Williams -

Jon,

One possibility is to select "This entry is case sensitive" in the terms Glossary properties. In your example, all instances of the word "care" would not be hightlighted anywhere in the course including the URL.

case

Hope this helps,

Bryan

In reply to Bryan Williams

Re: Searching the Glossary

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Bryan, thanks. I suppose it would eliminate that particular problem, but most of the students don't think about case when searching for a word - or at least I don't smile. If I make entries case-sensitive, there is a stong possibility that the search function will cease to be effective in returning full matches.

I was hoping for another solution... and I think I have it, but not sure how complicated it would be!

Instead of coding the URL into the Definition, it would be good if there was another option when Adding an Entry - perhaps 'Related Website(s)'. I see this is as similar to 'File Attachment' in that it is separate from the Definition. Then presumably the search engine could be set to ignore the URL fields??

As I say, I'm not sure what this means in terms of effort/complexity/impact on the rest of the module, but perhaps Will could comment.