Frontpage description does not appear

Frontpage description does not appear

by uday ramakrishna -
Number of replies: 5

Hi All,

We have installed moodle 1.7 and all seems to be fine except that we would not want the frontpage to display the courses. Trying to hide this by posting some description on the frontpage does not seem to appear but renders the homepage before login blank. Is this some problem that I am facing because of a wrong installation? or am i doing something wrong?

We are using the formal_white theme.

Best Regards

Uday

Average of ratings: -
In reply to uday ramakrishna

Re: Frontpage description does not appear

by Sam Wynens -
You can turn on "Force users to login" under Security->Site policies or go under Apperance->Front page and hide list of courses when not logged in.

These are both on the front page when logged in as Administrator.

Sam
In reply to Sam Wynens

by uday ramakrishna -
Thanks Sam, that sounds like a great solution but does that solve the problem of showing up the description? is that a bug cause that field is useless if it cannot appear on the homepage.

Regards
Uday

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Did you try "Include a topic section x " after selecting Appearance - Front Page - Front Page

frontpage None

Then go to front page, Turn editing on and fill the topic section.

Course/Site Description is shown in a side block (hidden or shown)

In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by uday ramakrishna -

Thanks very much for the detailed steps, yes it worked. i forgot to turn editing on and enter text there on the main page rather was trying to enter text on the description shown on the front page editing panel.

Best Regards

Uday

by uday ramakrishna -

In conjuction with the same thread once the frontpage description gets too long the courses seems to disappear after login. Is there any method by which we can swith the description off after login? or flip the Available courses above the summary section?

Best Regards

Uday