Totally confused about Roles

Totally confused about Roles

by Peter Richardson -
Number of replies: 2
I am sure that I am just being stupid, but roles have me totally confused on a variety of levels.

1) ever since my upgrade to 1.7, I seem to be getting forum posts (at least news forums, from a bunch of courses. It looks like they are addressed to the guest account which has an email address that is forwarded to my address. This has served to confuse me about the different kinds of guest access.

2) I am quite intrigued by the idea of the parent role, but don't understand adequately how the define roles screen to even begin to attempt it.

I am sorry, but I have not been able to get my arms around what looks like an exciting new function in 1.7. I have looked at the docs and, I am afraid it has not helped. I need a real primer. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Richardson

Re: Totally confused about Roles

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
I've also just discovered that 1.7 is sending new forum posts to the guest account email address--even from courses with no guest access--this is obviously a bug since email should never be sent to the guest account--I'll add it to the tracker.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

Re: Totally confused about Roles

by Doug Vermes -
I already created a bug report for this in the tracker a few days ago... Check out MDL-7708.