Need help understanding $context

Need help understanding $context

by Chardelle Busch -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers
Hopefully a role guru can help me with this. When updating the certificate mod for roles, I was hoping to code it to print the teachers on the certificate that are assigned the role of editing teachers at the module level. However, not only does it print the teachers that have been assigned for the mod, but it also prints the teachers assigned at the course level. I've tried different things using override, like setting certificate printteacher to allow instead of inherit, etc. but nothing I do prevents the course teacher from being printed on the certificate. Any help on how I can code this or set the roles to NOT print the teachers at the course level would be appreciated. Here's the code I am using.

$context = get_context_instance(CONTEXT_MODULE, $cm->id);
if ($teachers = get_users_by_capability($context, 'mod/certificate:printteacher')) {

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chardelle Busch

Re: Need help understanding $context

by Yu Zhang -
Hi Chardelle,

You might want to use

function get_role_users($roleid, $context, $parent=false, $fields='', $sort='u.lastname ASC', $view=false)

To get the role you can use

get_roles_with_capability().

Cheers,

Yu

In reply to Yu Zhang

Re: Need help understanding $context

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Thanks Zhang,

I see now that get_users_by_capability sort default is last access--so thanks for that tip. I can't get get_role_users to work--for some reason (I'm not using this as a lib function)

However, what I need is a function that gets users by capability by contextid. I still don't understand why this function doesn't do that--are you sure the sql is correct?. For example, for a certificate that has two teachers set (at the context level), in my role_assignments table I see those two users set for the teacher role (3) for that context (40). This is what I want to get--only those two users -- instead I am getting all of the users set for that role in the course.

Any more ideas?