Course Creator specific to Category Problem

Course Creator specific to Category Problem

by Adam Frederick -
Number of replies: 2
I was trying to give a user the ability to act as a course creator within a given category, and only within that category. I had imagined two ways of doing this. One was to make a course creator role and apply it to the user in a site context and make a blocking role and apply it to the user in the contexts of all the categories except the one that the user is intended to be a course creator of. This method, however, is not scalable.

As such, I went with the second option, which was to assign the role of course creator directly within the context of the one category. Counterintuitively, this did not work. When I tried logging in as the recipient user through the admin account, there was no evidence that anything had changed. I was also unable to see the hidden courses within the category. When I logged directly in with the recipient account, I could see the hidden courses, I could assign roles under course creator; however, I could not create any courses.

As such, I was wondering if there was a specific way of creating a course creator specific to a category.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Frederick

Re: Course Creator specific to Category Problem

by Maik Riecken -
Same problem here. If I assign the cousecreator role to a user inside the context "course categorie" there is no "create new course"-button showing up when logging in as this user and visting this categorie.

My solution:
I'm parking some empty course inside a categorie where all relevant teachers have course creator rights. So they are able to move these courses to their categorie within the course admin menu.

But I think this is not they way the it was thought by the developers...

regards,

Maik
In reply to Maik Riecken

Re: Course Creator specific to Category Problem

by Adam Frederick -
Thanks for your solution; however, I can't use it, as it doesn't serve my intentions. I will take a look at the database and see if I can't suggest some improvements to make roles more intuitive - practical.