duplication of server

duplication of server

by John Brine -
Number of replies: 1
I tried this in the installation problems forum, but thought someone here might answer.

I cannot login on a new test server duplicated from a production server.

The production server is Mac OS X 10.4.8 (Dual G5).
The test server is Mac OS X 10.4.8 (Quad Intel).

I transferred the following (Moodle 1.6.3+) to the test server:
moodledata directory,
moodle directory, and
MySQL database.

All permissions were reset correctly. The same versions of PHP (5.1.6), MySQL (5.0.27), and Apache httpd (1.3.33) are on both machines.

Using MySQL Administrator on both sides, there were no errors when the SQL file was saved on the G5, and then read on the Intel.

Config.php was modified to change the IP address to that of the new server. (Zend Optimizer 3.0.1 is running on the original server, but not on the problematic test server.)

I can access the test site and all appears fine except that I cannot login. The login just returns to the top page of the site.

If this is inappropriate here please help me direct my question to the correct audience as it doesn't seem to be those reading "installation problems".

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Brine

Re: duplication of server

by Myles Carrick -
hi John,

Just noticed that no one had replied to this. Do you have debugging turned on?
I suspect you have a permissions problem - perhaps in the moodledata directory...

> Activate debugging
> Check that the permissions for the moodledata directory are ok - and that they line up with what the relevant value set in config.

If still no luck, maybe also direct the question to the Installation problems forum wink

Good luck,

MC