Sorry for the period of silence concerning the calendar interface, I 've been having a lot in my hands lately and it couldn't be helped. But the good news is that all this is in the past, and today I can present to you a new and better version!
This version addresses some popular matters:
- There is now an interface that allows you to set all calendar preferences with your browser (for example, which day of the week you want displayed first). This is a per-user setting.
- Some timezone issues have been addressed correctly (I hope! ). Thanks to Mike Curchward for pointing that out. Mike, please tell me if the problem has been fully resolved.
- There have been many bugfixes (most important of all, the filtering code didn't work as it should be).
- The code has been cleaned up in places, and its general robustness increased.
- There are probably lots of small thingies I 've forgotten.... sorry.
There is another thing that I 'd like to have done, but didn't: allowing use of the HTML editor for event descriptions.
Short answer: it can't be done.
Long answer: Technically, it can be done if you are willing to do a few hacks, but there is one thing that stopped me. I have to keep in mind that the HTML editor may or may not be available, and that this status is not permanent (you can change it from the site config). So, you need to store with each event information regarding its format. I believe that to do that could result in unpredictable situations, and since there is no field to do that in the database, I didn't use the editor at all. Maybe in the future.
Grab the all new calendar from here or from CVS (I did the commit around 4.30pm GMT, so give it some time to update), read the installation instructions (piece of cake) and have fun!
I 'd also like to request a favor from anyone able and willing to do it. If you take a look at the preferences menu, you 'll see that the icons there are... dismal. Just so that something is displayed actually. Since I 'm not very adept at graphic design, I thought that maybe some kind soul could do a couple of nice icons and send them to be included in the preferences panel...
Feedback would also be very much appreciated.