Bulk Enrolment Updatesr

Bulk Enrolment Updatesr

od Rashan Anushka -
Število odgovorov: 4
Dear all,
I am running moodle 1.6+ on LAMP and using the Internal enrollment.
when creating accounts for the first time i could easily enroll the students to relevant courses using the same CSV file (via user upload), but my problems starting when i want to update the students enrollments after a while.

So does any one know method to update student enrolments of a large batch (via a CSV file ,...) something similar to "User upload".

ps: I cant use the enrolment key in my case as the enrolment is totally a manual one (i am getting Excel files containing student information time to time ).

Povprečje ocenitev: -
V odgovor na Rashan Anushka

Re: Bulk Enrolment Updatesr

od Iñaki Arenaza -
Slika Core developers Slika Documentation writers Slika Particularly helpful Moodlers Slika Peer reviewers Slika Plugin developers
You can use flat file enrolment. Go to http://your.moodle.site/admin/, click on 'Enrolment Plugins', enable the Flat File enrolment plugin, and click on its 'Edit' link to configure all the details.

Saludos. Iñaki.
V odgovor na Iñaki Arenaza

od Rashan Anushka -
thanks Iñakismile

yes, i could use this method from the beginningthoughtful. but, since i have used the internal enrollment for all the courses, do i need to change the "enrollment plug in" in course settings of all my courses?

ah! and another thing. according to the description about the "flat file", i have to know the student id (the id given by moodle), but i only getting the username with my course enrollment updates (these records coming from our administration branch as excel sheets).

I just thought about something like "../admin/uploaduser.php" where we can upload new students enrollments as a CSV file. (ah! having a option to select update existing enrollments).

od Rashan Anushka -
OK,
i was wrong, the student id is the "idnumber" in mdl_user table. So Flat file is a feasible solution for my problem. After several queries i managed to generate a flat file.
Thanks Iñaki again!

od Jay Lee -
Rather than bother with flat files all the time why not use external database enrollment? It just takes creating one more table in your database of choice. Then, if you can have this table updated whenever students are added /removed from a course (manually or with some SQL programming), course enrollment and enrollment will be automatic for you...

Jay