Your input?

Your input?

by Michael Wilder -
Number of replies: 0
Although a little off topic, I wonder if you all would be interested in helping me with my research topic.

In an effort to provide our faculty with appropriate staff development opportunities, we're trying to identify the essential skills necessary to teach online.

We would love your input!

Specifically, we would like to identify the basic functional skills that university faculty should possess in order to use, acquire and work with Web development technology and/or course management systems.

We are not focusing on identifying basic computer skills. The intent is to identify technological and pedagogical skills that novice, online educators at the university level should know in order to teach using the Web.

For example, we are not considering basic mouse skills, editing skills (such as cut, copy and paste), or the use of "office" software, relevant to this study. Concepts that might be relevant could be how to use an HTML editor or how to facilitate an online discussion effectively.

As a professional involved in the application of online technologies for the purpose of education, we believe that you have valuable insight.

Would you help us by filling in the blanks below and sending this e-mail back to us directly?

Thank you so much in advance!

Sincerely,

Michael Wilder
UNLV Teaching and Learning Center
michael.wilder@unlv.edu

Survey

Your role:

Your institution:

What do you believe are the "top ten" basic functional skills university faculty should possess in order to use, acquire and work with Web development technology and/or course management systems? (If you can think of more than ten, that's wonderful. If you can't identify ten, that's alright also.)

What do you feel is the best method of providing university-level faculty professional development?

____ Face-to-face workshops

____ Blended (face to face and online)

____ Entirely online

Other? ______________

Thank you so much for your time!

Please send this survey back to:

Michael Wilder
michael.wilder@unlv.edu

Average of ratings: -