Please go to the EDUTOOLS CMS Comparison site and post your review of Moodle

Please go to the EDUTOOLS CMS Comparison site and post your review of Moodle

by Mary Parke -
Number of replies: 4
I'm writing with a crucial issue for marketing Moodle to education and helping administrators and educators make informed decisions about the CMS they choose.

Edutools has posted a side-by-side CMS comparison tool and has a pretty good reputation of being the place to go to when shopping for a CMS amongst educators. Well, currently their review for Moodle is of version 1.6.1 and in my opinion, it quite frankly sucks (ahem...I mean it is lacking in review of over 99% of the functionality of the CMS).

I'm begging for Moodle educators to submit their own evaluation of the Moodle CMS to Educause to help build their side-by-side comparison tool. The Edutools site is at: http://www.edutools.info/item_list.jsp?pj=4

Click on the "submit a review" link. I'm hoping that someone will post a review on the stable 1.6.3 version (or higher) because the review of the 1.6.1 version was sadly inadequate.

Thanks!

Mary
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Parke

Re: Please go to the EDUTOOLS CMS Comparison site and post your review of Moodle

by Art Lader -
Done, Mary. Thanks for the heads-up!

I did not see any other entries to the forum, though.

Regards,
Art
In reply to Art Lader

Re: Please go to the EDUTOOLS CMS Comparison site and post your review of Moodle

by Mary Parke -
Thank you Art! It means a lot - especially as our school's choice of CMS is being compared to others right now...

- Mary
In reply to Mary Parke

by Art Lader -
My pleasure, Mary. I hope that others will add a bit, too, although I do know know if comments to the forum will be helpful. I sure hope they will be.

Regards,
Art
In reply to Mary Parke

by Stuart Mealor -
After a very quick review of this site...

It could just be me (but I really don't think so) but when you run a comparison of systems then the Moodle data in some areas is scarce, incomplete, and/or inaccurate.

Oh, and 1.7 isn't there!

I'm not sure what audience (influence?) this site has, but the reviews, criteria, but if infomation is not entirely accurate it may lead readers to the 'wrong' conclusions.

If this sites influence on decision-makers is real, I think someone from Moodle HQ could review this and keep an eye on / send updates as required? (There may be numerous website providing similar comparisons - so it could be an endless task? sad )

I'm sure CMS have best intentions, and that they are trying to create a very objective review service - so updating information should be welcomed.

Stuart smile