problem with embedded audio

problem with embedded audio

by laurie fooks -
Number of replies: 7

Hi

I added an 106Kb and a 214Kb mp3 files encoded from wav using Lame encoder. Both these files were truncated to 76Kb. - audio is incomplete. I note that moodle uses fhp encoding? - would this have any effect? - Do i need to encode with a different encoder?, if so any suggestions on which is best to use?

thanks 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to laurie fooks

Re: problem with embedded audio

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
No idea (all my test files worked), but if you can help track down what the problem is (trying some different encoders, methods etc) and then file a descriptive bug report, that would be appreciated.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by laurie fooks -

Hi

Not a bug - converting again and uploading again and its OK

thanks

In reply to laurie fooks

by John Gone -
Try this post by Paul about DBPoweramp. It works great with no problems, ever.
In reply to John Gone

by laurie fooks -
Thanks John - DBPowerAMP was the program I used - I will keep trying and advise what I find
In reply to laurie fooks

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
Hi Laurie,

I've had a similar problem - some mp3 files would finish too early. The funny thing was that this only happened for some students, others were able to play the whole files. It was in Moodle 1.1.1 (without the built-in player, just plain link). However, I don't think this had anything to do with Moodle, because converting the files again from the original wavs solved the problem. Have you tried generating the files again?
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

by laurie fooks -

thanks - i have converted again and will upoad as soon as i get access from my isp - thats another story

thanks