problems installing moodle

problems installing moodle

by Steven O'Donnell -
Number of replies: 1
Hello,

I am running moodle 1.7 2004/08/23 . I have tried installing the HP module but I am getting nowhere. Is this an issue with moodle 1.7?

Here are the errors I get:
  • Version mismatch: hotpot can't downgrade 2006082900 -> 2005031420 !
  • Before I got another error code told me I needed another version. Sorry I do not have the same numbers but it did look like this: Module "hotpot" (2005031418) could not be installed. It requires a newer version of Moodle (currently you are using 2004083131, you need 2005042300). The numbers I had were different. I remember the year 2006 being present if that helps.

-I have tried installing with various versions of HP.
-I have followed the install instructions that come with the module all to no avail. One thing I did notice was that there were no lang files in the directory defined in my $CFG->dataroot . Also, there was no en_utf8 so I downloaded it. I put the lang files where I found the lang directory which was in my public_html directory.
-I have installed from http://bateson.kanazawa-gu.ac.jp/moodle/hotpot-module.zip

None of this has worked.

I am confused by all this. I hope someone can understand something from the fragments that I have posted here and let me know if there is anything I can do to install HP correctly.

Thanks to all those who take the time to reply,

Steven O'Donnell

Average of ratings: -