Paypal 1.7 fixes?

Paypal 1.7 fixes?

by Dean Shankle -
Number of replies: 12
Ok, I upgraded to 1.7 and probably shouldn't have... that ship having sailed, I am supposed to start enrolling students in a couple of classes next week and the paypal module not working is a serious problem for me. Has anyone come up with a fix that would help me out? Or since I'm not a tech person, I'm a trainer, can anyone tell me how complicated something like this is going to be to fix and maybe a timetable for how long it might take (I do know this is asking a lot smile ).

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dean Shankle

Re: Paypal 1.7 fixes?

by ned moltoya -
They're working on it. It's in the issue tracker.

Hangin' in there...
In reply to Dean Shankle

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi!

What exactly is not working for you? I have fixed one bug today that was causing sending of error messages when student was correctly enrolled by paypal.

Could you test the latest 1.7+ version? Please file a bug report if the problem persists, thanks.

skodak
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Carlos Vargas -
Hi Petr,
I saw in the tracker that you were working on this [ MDL 7389 and 7529 ], so I waited. When I saw that you were done, I reinstalled. Alas, nothing changed; the problem persisted.

I'll describe briefly what's happening on my end. With moodle default set to "internal enrollment" and course settings set to "internal enrollment," everything works fine without any error messages.

When Paypal is ON in the course and/or moodle default, a student or the admin "logged in as" gets the error message: "Could not determine enrolment method!"

Basically, Paypal doesn't enroll anyone no matter what settings I use. Because my issue is so similar to Dean's, I won't add it to the tracker.
In reply to Carlos Vargas

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
"logged in as"? Oh, this feature might not be fully compatiblem with course enrollment process.

Could you please describe the exact steps to reproduce the problem in the tracker, I am unable to reproduce it sad

thanks
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Deleted user -
I tried to describe it in the issue tracker. It happens to me any time I turn Paypal on as an option, I am unable to get to the enrol page at all, it just gives me that message.
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Deleted user -
Hi, I also just similar put a similar post in the tracker:

I cannot get it to work with php 4.3.9, which is the version I have been using.

I did manage to get it to work with php 5.1.6. If you only use php 5 maybe this is why you cannot reproduce the problem?