Started theme CSS documentation

Re: Started theme CSS documentation - thanks

by Edward Beckmann -
Number of replies: 0
Jeff

I use both. Web developer is quick and easy for getting the info (even better thank's to Dan's idea on how to get all of the info when you have not got a 1m wide screen), and I noted Joseph's support of it.

When I am trying to change an element that has loads of inheritance from higher level definitions I find reading the code in firebug invaluable. Having said that, I find its list of what the element has inherited its definition from totally unreliable.

In my limited experience, the web developer route will make it fairly simple to write a load of very specific exceptions to the basic style. The long route of mapping a page out will probably end up as the smallest and most compact answer as you are setting things at higher levels - but it is very long-winded.

I had a tedious evening yesterday trying to get rid of the borders around the topics themselves and although I have succeeded, could not get any definition of bottom-border to work. Border-width:0 and border-color:the same as the background were ineffective and only border-style:none got rid of them! Good CSS experts must be very inventive I imagine!

Cheers

Ed
Average of ratings: Useful (1)