Time for each question in a quiz

Time for each question in a quiz

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Tim,

we have a request from a client to add a feature for defining a time for answering in each question of a quiz.

Can you explain what must be done to realize this option?

ralf
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

Re: Time for each question in a quiz

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Well you could politely suggest to the client that they don't need to be such control-freaks, but instead let the students take more control of their own learning. wink

But presumably the quick-hack way to do this is to set the quiz to one question per page, then modify the existing timer, so that when it gets to zero, it clicks the 'submit this page' button instead of the 'submit all and finish' one.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Tim,

you can't discuss about controll mania if they won't that the students (technical workers) look in the manuals during answering the quiz questions for some questions. In this groups are native speakers and non native speakers that they have to calculate some more time for each question. In this situation it is possible to answer some questions fast and to use the rest of time for reading the manuals.

Thanks for your idea to write a quick hack. Could this be a feature for the standard quiz?
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Srdjan Verbic -
If we use 'submit this page' button instead of the 'submit all and finish' participants won't be able to get back later to re-answer some questions. Am I right?

BTW, time for each question could be important for many different reasons. For instance, I'm trying to catch information about participants motivation to do the test using queries like "just tell me who has responded to question number 9 in less than 3 seconds".

Srdjan