Problems with Internet Explorer.

Problems with Internet Explorer.

by Dr Drake -
Number of replies: 3
We have little problem with Moodle when using IE. It seems that browser loads pages from cache every single time (even when cache is turned off), while with Opera and Mozilla things are working just fine. You can "use" Moodle with IE, but you need to refresh page with "Force cache refresh" (or what that is called, CTRL+refresh button) after logging in to make things work. Generally you need to refresh page after every link or moodle won't realize that you are logged in. After logging out, Moodle thinks you're still logged in if you don't use refresh.

Is there anyone who has encountered similiar problems when using moodle? If so, is there any way to fix this problem?

-Dr
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dr Drake

Re: Problems with Internet Explorer.

by Rimas Z. -
There are some problems that I had with both mozilla firefox (it logs me off all the time) and explorer that I wrote about here.
In reply to Dr Drake

by Markus Knierim -

Hi,

I guess you're not alone with IE-related problems. There seems to be a growing number of people experiencing some "fishy" IE behavior, see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=5902 (This thread started off with a different but maybe related problem.)

I'm really wondering what causes these problems -- especially, since most people these days opt for IE.

Cheers,
Markus

In reply to Markus Knierim

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
"opt"?   I doubt it.  I think most people just use whatever their OS provides them.  wink