Can't manually edit current subscribers

Re: Can't manually edit current subscribers

by David Maldonado -
Number of replies: 2

Your post made me think of user permissions, I changed my role to faculty and "Tada" the list of participants became the usual "Add/Remove" list in moodle. So I just need to figure out why in my admin role I can't edit participants, yet as a Faculty I can...

Thank you !
DM

In reply to David Maldonado

by ciaran oco -

I have just had a need for this now too David but I can't see where the particular permission is set to allow the editing of teh subscribers list. Did you find it? None of the roels on our system seem to have teh ability to edit the subscriber list i.e. remove subscribers manually even though they can see the list and access it via . Did you find the permission that was needed? Your faculty role sounds like something specific to your installation/configuration.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Ciaran

In reply to ciaran oco

by David Maldonado -

Hi Ciaran,

Sorry for the delayed response. You know, after I figured that adding myself as faculty let me do what I needed, I didn't mess with it again. I checked my "teacher" user permissions under "Site Admin > Users > Permissions > Define roles" and everything is setup to allow, except the items below:

Role archetype:

- Course 
  - Activity module

Block: Learning plans: Not Set

Manage al tags: Not Set

Activity: Respondus 4.0 Web Services : Prohibit

All under Activity: Ticket Tracker/User support : Not Set

Activity: Quiz: Prevent: Not set
Delete quiz attempts

Get a configmation smessage when submitting

All under Activity: Ticket Tracker/User support - Not set 

Block: Course overview - Not set

Block: Global search - Not Set

Not sure if this helps, I haven't really done much customizations. I am using Moodle out of the box when it comes to user permissions. I will check if there's anything else.

Cheers

--dm