students messaging.

students messaging.

by Tracy Houston -
Number of replies: 5
New user here, and technically ignorant, so I am not sure how to embed my own html code into moodle; so, I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to keep track of what the students are messaging back and forth to each other.  I don't mind them doing it, but I work with middle school age kids and I want to keep tabs on bullying and inappropriate content.  Is there a way to do that?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tracy Houston

Re: students messaging.

by craig dobson -

Hi Tracy, you can keep tracks on your kids, I have a chat room and in the settings there is an option to save the chat log. This way you can view past sessiosn and red what they wrote to each other.

Regards

Craig

by Jody Rentfro -

We turned off chat site wide because of cheating and bullying.

You can check on what kids say to each other in chat. You have to click on their name /  and then each discussion thread. It can be done if you have plenty of time.

We decided as a district that forums was easier for teachers to keep track of and served the same educational purpose.smile

by James Walker -

I use gaggle.net for student emails, IM, and blogs. It is monitored and I get an instant email if the students use unacceptable language. It is easy to monitor them as they chat on line and all their emails are saved for me to check.

Jim

In reply to James Walker

by Art Lader -
Thank you for that link, James. I did not know about gaggle.net. It looks great.

I will surely pass it on.

Regards,
Art