changing the cornflower breadcrumbs

changing the cornflower breadcrumbs

by Sam Rudd -
Number of replies: 10

Hi,

Does anybody have any ideas on how to change the breadcrumbs in cornflower from a vertical list to the normal horizontal standard? Any help is most welcome x

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Rudd

Re: changing the cornflower breadcrumbs

by Timothy Takemoto -
Breadcrumb lists go verticle when the theme is failing to "inherit" css instructions from the standard theme, usually because someone has deleted it.

If you upload the standard theme again to the themes folder then the breadcrumbs should return to the horizontal.

Timothy
In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Sam Rudd -

Sorry if I appear dense.. I'm not quite sure what you mean.. do you mean that I need to change the theme to the standard theme..? I think the standard theme is in the theme folder allready, I haven't removed any.

Thanx

Sam x

In reply to Sam Rudd

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Sam,
Have you read this thread?
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Sam Rudd -

Hi I have but I'm not sure how this applies to changing the breadcrumbs from being presented in a vertical layout as opposed to the standard horizontal layout? Thanx

Sam x

In reply to Sam Rudd

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Sam,

Sorry I sent you on a wrong track.blush

I suppose you are using Moodle 1.6+. Starting with 1.6 a number of changes have been made to the Moodle interface, to support better accessibility. You can see some of these changes e.g. in moodle\theme\standard\header.html

<?php //Accessibility: 'headermain' is now H1, see theme/standard/styles_layout.css: .headermain
if ($home) { // This is what gets printed on the home page only
?>
<div id="header-home" class="clearfix">
<h1 class="headermain"><?php echo $heading ?></h1>
<div class="headermenu"><?php echo $menu ?></div>
</div>
<?php } else if ($heading) { // This is what gets printed on any other page with a heading
?>
<div id="header" class="clearfix">
<h1 class="headermain"><?php echo $heading ?></h1>
<div class="headermenu"><?php echo $menu ?></div>
</div>
<?php } ?>
<?php //Accessibility: breadcrumb trail/navbar now a DIV, not a table.
if ($navigation) { // This is the navigation bar with breadcrumbs ?>
<div class="navbar clearfix">
<div class="breadcrumb"><?php print_navigation($navigation); ?></div>
<div class="navbutton"><?php echo $button; ?></div>
</div>
<?php } else if ($heading) { // If no navigation, but a heading, then print a line
?>
<hr size="1" noshade="noshade" />
<?php } ?>

Unfortunately, the necessary changes have not been made to the cornflower theme which, however, continues to be distributed with 1.6 and 1.7 Moodle packages. I have reported this as bug MDL-7335.

In the meantime, if you insist on using the cornflower theme, you could carefully compare the header.html files in both the standard and the cornflower folders, and try to work out the necessary "accessibility" changes which will restore the horizontal breadcrumb (see attached, not perfect however, for lack of time).

All the best,

Joseph

Attachment image-0000.jpg
In reply to Sam Rudd

by Jeffery Watkins -
The Cornflower theme is from 1.5. I need to update and get into CVS. I can e-mail you a zipped copy to make it easier for you.

Edit: Joseph: I maintain the Cornflower theme and will have changes committed to CVS soon.

Is anyone maintaining the other "standard" themes?

Jeff
In reply to Jeffery Watkins

by Jeffery Watkins -
Here is an updated Cornflower theme for 1.6

Will also commit changes to CVS.

Jeff
In reply to Jeffery Watkins

by Sam Rudd -
Thank you thats fantastic! Only one small thing the login status in the top right is on the top border of the header ... any ideas where I can go to move it... I will investigate but anything you know is a great help! thanx again x
Attachment status.gif