General help

Picture of Chris Sherman
Manually Adding Users to a Course

One of the problems I have is that when I assign creator rights to teachers who want to create a course, they have no ability to manually add students to their classes. I assume everyone has to use an enrollment key to get access to the class. Is this true or not? confuso

For younger students who do not have an email account, this creates a problem.

Average of ratings: -
Goatee
Re: Manually Adding Users to a Course
Group Developers
While I don't typically assign anyone creator rights, I know that all teachers can manually add students to their courses at any time - regardless of whether they are the creator of that course or not.

Students can be manually added to any course through the "Students" tab in the Admin menu of any course page.

Image attached:

Picture of Chris Sherman

Patrick,

I know that you can enroll students in your class who have been registered in Moodle via email or added by an administrator. But if a teacher or a creator has students who do not have email accounts for a variety of reasons, then he/she has no way to get the students into the Moodle database unless an administrator does this (short of setting up an LDAP authentication).

I was thinking of using "no authentication" but the documentation says not to use that. I was wondering if "no authentication" also means no enrollment key.???

Goatee
Group Developers
I thought your question was a little too easily answered! Unfortunately, I'm of no help. We use manual authentication at my school - high school level. You may want to try leaving this question in the User Authentication forum:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=42

Picture of Chris Sherman

Thanks, Patrick. I do appreciate the input. I am new to this. I will eventually use an LDAP authentication, but I am not ready for that yet.

Hello

"Students can be manually added to any course through the "Students" tab in the Admin menu of any course page."
Hi, I'm using moodle 1.7. I can't see "teacher" or "student" menu when i login as admin or teacher. How can I enable that?

regards,

Heidzir

Visit Malaysia 2007

Picture of Chad Wollenberg

I am also having this problem. I would like teacher's be able to manually enroll an existing student, or create a new student and add them to their class. I do not have a "student" tab. Any help would be appreciated.

v1.7

Cwolly

Picture of Helen Foster
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers
Hi,

Please note that from Moodle 1.7 onwards, the Teachers and Students links in the course administration block have been replaced with an Assign roles link where you can assign users the role of student i.e. enrol students on the course.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Chad Wollenberg

I realised my folly just moments ago! Thank you for the quick response!

Picture of Toula Jacobson

Hi--can you clarify for me if teachers can acutally add a 'new' student user of if the administrator role needs to do that.

Thank you!

Picture of Shyam Mangayil

Sorry if I am asking to repeat  ....  does what Helen says imply that once admin assigns say teacher X to course Y from the course's screen , the teacher becomes the teacher of the course ?

Well , my actual query is : how do you add a teacher manually to the tables as part of a course ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated .

Picture of Toula Jacobson

Hi--when I look at my admin menu, I do not have the choice of student, teacher or edit profile. How do I get these to be listed? Mine goes from 'Assign roles' to 'Groups'

Thanks!