One Glossary for all Courses

One Glossary for all Courses

ved Gerald Lendow -
Antal besvarelser: 6
Hi, Is there any way to display a main glossary in all courses.This would be useful since when entries are added to the Global glossary they all are would be updated. Thank you
Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Gerald Lendow

Re: One Glossary for all Courses

ved john zhang -

I think you can do that by setting up a glossary setwide, that is, set up your glossary BEFORE you enter ANY course menu.

I svar til john zhang

ved Gerald Lendow -
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. However I have about three full courses setup already, is there anything that can be done now?
Gerald
I svar til Gerald Lendow

ved Luís Miguel Corbella -

Hello.

I don´t known what you want. ¿I think you want to could to access to all your glossaries??? ¿Is that?

Maybe you can use a module I develop. A searcher for all your forums glossaries and resources. With this program you can see what you want from your glossaries. (what you search).

Luís

I svar til Luís Miguel Corbella

ved Gerald Lendow -
Thanks Luis,
What I would like is to have a main Glossary that I can display in each course I build. Since all the course terms are universal, I think it would be easier to build one than to build ten. That way as entries are added to the main glossary all the others would reflect the same changes. I hope I explained this clearly. Thank you for your help.
Gerald
I svar til Gerald Lendow

ved francis kneebone -
Yes, i have the same problem, i want one universal glossary to 'appear' in each course. my question is how do i creat different links (icons) to the same activity (glossary). So from two different courses, the students would be accessing the same activity, (or forum for that matter) please help
I svar til francis kneebone

ved Jeff Herman -
I don't know if these features are available in older versions, but I'm using 1.7+. A Glossary could be created in the "Main menu" block at the site level. Just check the box to make the Glossary global. With Auto-linking turned on, the Glossary entries should be linked in every course. If you want a short-cut available in each course, create a Sticky HTML block in every course with a link to the Glossary.

-Jeff
Gennemsnitsbedømmelse:Useful (1)