One Glossary for all Courses

One Glossary for all Courses

by Gerald Lendow -
Number of replies: 6
Hi, Is there any way to display a main glossary in all courses.This would be useful since when entries are added to the Global glossary they all are would be updated. Thank you
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerald Lendow

Re: One Glossary for all Courses

by john zhang -

I think you can do that by setting up a glossary setwide, that is, set up your glossary BEFORE you enter ANY course menu.

In reply to john zhang

by Gerald Lendow -
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. However I have about three full courses setup already, is there anything that can be done now?
Gerald

by Luís Miguel Corbella -

Hello.

I don´t known what you want. ¿I think you want to could to access to all your glossaries??? ¿Is that?

Maybe you can use a module I develop. A searcher for all your forums glossaries and resources. With this program you can see what you want from your glossaries. (what you search).

Luís

In reply to Luís Miguel Corbella

by Gerald Lendow -
Thanks Luis,
What I would like is to have a main Glossary that I can display in each course I build. Since all the course terms are universal, I think it would be easier to build one than to build ten. That way as entries are added to the main glossary all the others would reflect the same changes. I hope I explained this clearly. Thank you for your help.
Gerald

by francis kneebone -
Yes, i have the same problem, i want one universal glossary to 'appear' in each course. my question is how do i creat different links (icons) to the same activity (glossary). So from two different courses, the students would be accessing the same activity, (or forum for that matter) please help
In reply to francis kneebone

by Jeff Herman -
I don't know if these features are available in older versions, but I'm using 1.7+. A Glossary could be created in the "Main menu" block at the site level. Just check the box to make the Glossary global. With Auto-linking turned on, the Glossary entries should be linked in every course. If you want a short-cut available in each course, create a Sticky HTML block in every course with a link to the Glossary.

-Jeff
Average of ratings: Useful (1)