Extra Resource Files

Extra Resource Files

by Michael McDermott -
Number of replies: 2

This happens when I create courses and also backup and restore individual courses. I get a random amount of  resource files from random other courses appear in the new course. e.g. powerpoint, word, excel or  pdf. These files are copies of files in other Moodle courses.

Just to keep the random nature of it all going, it does not happen all the time.

I am using 1.6.1+ on an IIS server.

Mike McDermott

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael McDermott

Re: Extra Resource Files

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi Mike,

A somewhat random reply smile but do the course back up files inluse course or user files?

Ray
In reply to Ray Lawrence

Re: Extra Resource Files

by Michael McDermott -

I may have solved this one myself. It would appear that when we upgraded to 1.6, it was such a hard changeover (all 350 courses had to be backed up and restored individually), that in the changeover the course files were brought across in block. Consequently when courses were backed up and restored they had different ID numbers from the original and picked up files that were already in a section for that course. Hence the random nature of it.

I have deleted all course sections on the server with numbers above the latest 'mysql recognised course' and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Mike