server warning: cannot set time limit in safe mode

server warning: cannot set time limit in safe mode

by Andreas Vandelaar -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I just installaed moodle on a new server, startet it the first time and on every page of the initiation process of the mySQL database I got an error message by the server which says:

Warning : Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /home/www/doc/1017/testserver.com/www/admin/index.php on line 80

All the data base entries worked, but on every page of the installation process this fault occured, also referring to other lines of the index.php( e.g. line 298).

After completing this process, moodle seems to work, but I worry about moodle not functionating correctly!

Had anybody the same error message, does anybody know what it means?

Andreas

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andreas Vandelaar

Re: server warning: cannot set time limit in safe mode

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Safe Mode is a setting in PHP.

Moodle will not run on a server with Safe Mode on. If it's your server, turn it of, if it's your ISP's server, ask them to turn it of or move to another server.

It's one of the systemrequirements

In reply to koen roggemans

by Roger Leitch -

I hit the same problem. 

Fortunately my hosting company was happy to turn safe mode off, the first wanted to check what scripts / application I was running.

While I was waiting for them to reply, I made enquiries to several  and found several who allowed it.

Unfortunately the only way you can find out is by asking them before signing up.

Roger

In reply to Roger Leitch

by Andreas Vandelaar -

Hi Roger,

fortunately my provider had webspace on another server without the save mode, so moodle is working fine now. smile

Andreas