keeping track of time / mass import of users

keeping track of time / mass import of users

by Karrie V -
Number of replies: 6

Hi, I was asked by my administration of Moodle will keep track of the total amount of time a person was logged into moodle over the entire course period. They would like to use this for staff development credits but there is a required amount of “seat time” if we can track this we may be able to get them to let us use it.

I am also wondering – only my HS students have email accounts – is there an easy way for me to import my users say with a spreadsheet that had the students first name, last name, username, and password and which class I want them in? This would be a big help since I can export them from SASI easily.

One more question - is there a way that at the end of a class I can see ALL of a students posts?  Not just the recent ones?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karrie V

Re: keeping track of time / mass import of users

by Bernard Boucher -

Hi Karrie, ( sorry for the first post )
for your first point I suggested something few months ago.
Here is an updated example of the display.

Blue curve is Moodle normal curve.
Red one indicate access from outside the school.

Four times appears in the report:

Mon 2004 - 01 - 19, 11:13 __Tot: 12:22 __Cegep: 06:14 __Ext: 06:08
-------------------------------- ------------- ----------------- ----- -------
Event time Total online School External

I hope it may help your first point.

Bye,

Bernard

Attachment log1.png
In reply to Bernard Boucher

by Karrie V -

Very Cool - With this would you get a total time not just for a day but for the whole course?

In reply to Karrie V

by Bernard Boucher -
Hi Karrie,
                sure. It give the estimated time for the activity(ies) and the period you choose.

Bye,

Bernard

In reply to Karrie V

by Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -

Mass import of users is available in Moodle 1.2 under the page

Administration -> Users -> Upload users

In reply to Karrie V

by Mark Burnet -

In SASI you may use a query export to a CSV file. Something like (ASTU FN LN " " " " " "). Once there you could either process it through query filters in Access.  Or you could take it into Excel, and by using a string parse function, create the email address fields. (I am assuming you haven't stored email addresses in sasi).

If you come up with fields you need, I can try to write the query and post it here:

http://www.vasasi.org/query/index.html

In reply to Mark Burnet

by Karrie V -
One problem - Only my high school students have email.  Can I create accounts with out email addresses?