grading with non-moodle grades

grading with non-moodle grades

by Mike Smith -
Number of replies: 2
Is it possible to use moodle to store all grades and marks for a student, even if the grades were not generated from a moodle assessment or quiz? As in, can I use moodle to store all grade info? Or will it only store info related to moodle quizzes? If it can store other grades, would gradebook plus be the module to use?

Many thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Smith

Re: grading with non-moodle grades

by A. T. Wyatt -
Greetings, Mike!

I think the answer is yes, gradebook v2 had an extra tab called "manage graded events". You can manually enter grades there without creating assignments or anything else in your course. They do show up in the gradebook.

HOWEVER, I think a lot of us feel that it is better practice to have some sort of assignment in the course for each grade. You can use off-line assignments for this, and as the instructor, you enter the grade without the students doing anything with moodle!

The reason for using the offline assignments is because the assignment is presented within the context of a course and also because you can have the assignment show up in the calendar. Neither of those things will happen if you use the "manage graded events" tab.

So you have two choices! Hopefully, one will work out for you.
atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

Re: grading with non-moodle grades

by Mike Smith -
Thanks A.T.Yes what I was hoping was to give an assignment offline (I teach maths, so this might be fairly common for me) and then get the assignments back, grade them and then enter the grades in moodle. That way, students can see all their grades whether done through moodle or not. I'll get gradebook!

Thanks.