I need help!!!!!!

I need help!!!!!!

by Rodrigo Velazquez -
Number of replies: 2

I have Moodle (1.5.4) on a profesional server hosting.

The specs for the server are as follows:

• Dell 1750
    · Server: Dell PowerEdge 1750
    · Processor: 1 x Intel Xeon processor, 2.4 GHz
    · Storage: 2 x 18 GB SCSI Hard Drives
    · Memory: 1 GB
    · Operating System: RedHat 7.3

We have 34 campus in the country and about 11 000 students, the number of concurrent user in some case is about 1 500.

what kind of hardware configuration suggest?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rodrigo Velazquez

Re: I need help!!!!!!

by Rick Boyce -
1,500 concurrent users... eek! I'm guessing you know this already, but that server won't come close to handling that load.

You'll need several / a cluster of front end webservers, a well spec'd DB server and some from of Data storage accessible to each web server (for the moodleData directory). Exactly how each of these systems needs to be spec'd up depends on exactly what your courses will be serving, for example will it be serving lots of multimedia content (serving large files of this type is hard work for webservers which tend to be better at serving lots of small files) or will the site be largley text based. Will the site be very interactive (there are plently of discussions on these forums about the amount of resources consumed by Quizes, Chats erc) or is the content largley static (to be read / downloaded only?)

A moodle installation of that size sounds like quite a large project to take on, I'd suggest talking to a Moodle Partner about your installation, or at least getting in contact with people with experience supporting large Moodle installations.

Best of luck with the project smile