I have wanted to produce a small, distance e-learning course on volcanoes for mature learners since producing an educational web page with US geologists in Hawaii last year. UK Unis were dismissive of the idea. Annoyed, and also knowing that the BB and WebCT are overpriced for a simple course I thought I could customise postNuke (a CMS) to serve as an LMS and do it myself. It was while researching this that I came across Moodle - WOW! Open Source that was exactly what I wanted.
I have been here ever since, getting a lot out of the community but also putting together a trial course (Introduction to Volcanoes: key 'pele' ) trying out various features of Moodle. Its not complete, specifically it needs:
- Polish (I've tried features out rather than making for a coherent course)
- Materials guiding students through a text book I want to use in paralell
I've stopped working on it as I'm kind of stuck with where to go with it next. Please have a look around, I'd value your input on:
- How could I improve it? (my admin is snowboarding so no upgrade to 1.2 yet)
- Should I work on it futher before hawking it around
- Any ideas on who I could work with.