Module Installations

Module Installations

by John Blaser -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone, I am relatively new at using Moodle. Just today, my site host upgraded me to v1.6.1. I have downloaded a few additional activity modules, but have been unable to get any of them to work. I am always getting basically the same error message when I go to admin:

Module certificate: /home/johnblas/public_html/moodle/mod/certificate/db/mysql.php was not readable.

Maybe I am doing something wrong? The procedure I have been doing is establishing an FTP connection to my Moodle site with FileZilla, going to "/public_html/moodle/mod/" and creating a folder with name (one word, lower case) of the module. Then I unzip it in Winzip, select all the files and drag them to the folder. Each time I get a message, "Directory Listing Successful."

When I go back to my Moodle site and go into admin - I get the above error (consistently) each time. Can anyone help me - I would sure like to get a few of these modules onto my site and in use. Thanks, John

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Blaser

Re: Module Installations

by Jeffery Watkins -
John,

Different modules have different instructions on how to install. Mkae sure to read the instructions first.

Your current problem sounds like a permissions issue with the folder you have created for the files. Make sure the folder can be written too from the server.

Check the permissions of the folders of mod which work as a example of what you need.

Jeff
In reply to Jeffery Watkins

by John Blaser -
Hi Jeff. I appreciate the advice. So it sounds like my installation procedure is OK? How do I check the permissions of a folder I create? Thanks again, John
In reply to John Blaser

by John Blaser -
Jeff,
I right-clicked on the folder and choose attributes. They seem to be the same as the ones on modules that work. Any other ideas (anyone)?
Thanks,
John