how to cofigure a IIS5 server to allow the part of the URL after a script name to be passed directly to the script?

Re: how to cofigure a IIS5 server to allow the part of the URL after a script name to be passed directly to the script?

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Perhaps this could be a solution?
(extracted from the web)

> WORKAROUND
> If you want to use PATH_INFO and PATH_TRANSLATED as specified by the CGI
> specification, then use the AllowPathInfoForScriptMappings property. This
> property can be set using the Adsutil.vbs tool or the MetaEdit.exe tool,
> which comes with the Internet Information Server 4.0 Resource Kit. Using
> this property, you can set a Web server to allow or disallow the use of
> the variables.

I've no idea about IIS, but it seems that using MetaEdit.exe or Adsutil.vbs you can configure IIS to accept that URLs.

Hope it helps smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

Re: how to cofigure a IIS5 server to allow the part of the URL after a script name to be passed directly to the script?

by Adolfo Mario López Peiro -

HI!

the link to download "Application Center 2000 - Meta-Data Edit Tool" :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=48364a72-d54e-46dc-aacf-e3be887d17a6&displaylang=en

when i edit  the AllowPathInfoForScriptMappings property it display the next image: (but i don´t know what's the next step)

allowpathinfo

In reply to Adolfo Mario López Peiro

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Perhaps under:

"/LM/W3SVC"
"/LM/W3SVC/n"

You can find the property "AllowPathInfoForScriptMappings" and try to set it to "true" or "1". I've read this in a MS page.

And I've find this article about configuring it from "adsutil".

Feedback will be welcome, hope it helps, ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Ernesto Gaston Pacheco -

I tried it and also found that page on the MS base, but it doesn´t work.

Unless I change the slashargumet configuration, but then I can´t use relative links!! I hope somebody can find the solution,

In reply to Ernesto Gaston Pacheco

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Slasharguments are not supported in IIS for Moodle 1.4.x.

I have fixed it in Moodle 1.5dev and tested it in both cgi and isapi mode, php4 and5 smile Do not set AllowPathInfoForScriptMappings to true, instead use cgi.fix_pathinfo=1 in php.ini. Isapi needs php 5.x or 4.3.11 (not yet released).

skodak

In reply to Petr Skoda

by Ernesto Gaston Pacheco -

So there is NO solution in Moodle 1.4.4 working with IIS?

That is terrible news!!