jsMath version 3.3g released

jsMath version 3.3g released

by Davide Cervone -
Number of replies: 3
I have just committed jsMath version 3.3g to the CVS archive. It fixes a problem introduced in version 3.3f that can cause MSIE to stop processing mathematics in some circumstances. If you updated to 3.3f, you should update to 3.3g to avoid this problem.

Davide
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Davide Cervone

Re: jsMath version 3.3g released

by Sjaak Kamerling -
I want to update to the new version (thanks for this new version of your excellent piece of work); do I have to replace everything or only replace the new files; so, what's the best way to update jsMath?

Sjaak Kamerling
In reply to Sjaak Kamerling

by Davide Cervone -
In the Moodle CVS archive is a file jsMath.zip. This contains all the jsMath files except for the image fonts. You should get this zip file and unpack it, then move its ontents to the moodle/filter/jsmath/jsMath directory, replacing any existing files and folders with the new ones. (do not replace the moodle/filter/jsMath directory itself or you will lose the image fonts directory). While only a few of the files have been updated, it is safe to replace them all. There are only 2 dozen or so files all together, so it should not be too difficult to do.

Alternatively, you could unpack the zip file, move the existing moodle/filter/jsmath/jsMath/fonts folder into the unpacked jsMath folder, and then replace moodle/filter/jsmath/jsMath with the new jsMath folder.

It is also possible to go directly to jsMath's source CVS repository at sourceforge.net and load it from there. I give commands below that are for unix machines, so you may have to translate to whatever environment you are using.

cd moodle/filter/jsmath
    mv jsMath jsMath-old
    cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@jsmath.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/jsmath login
      [press return when asked for a password]
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@jsmath.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/jsmath co -P jsMath
    mv jsMath-old/fonts jsMath
This will use CVS to obtain the latest version of jsMath from sourceforge. The nice thing about this arrangement is that you can use
    cd moodle/filter/jsmath/jsMath
    cvs update
to update to the latest jsMath, which is easier than downloading the zip file and unpacking it each time.

Once you have everything set up and working, you can delete the moodle/filter/jsmath/jsMath-old directory.

Hope one of those does the trick for you.

Davide

In reply to Davide Cervone

by Mike Carrington -
Hi,
I wondered if you had thought about extending jsMath to writing chemical formulae. It would be a boon for us chemists.
Here's hoping!
Best wishes, Mike.