We (secondary schools) advice teachers to use section zero for :
- global course descriptions
- explaning the logistics of the course
- who are the teachers, how is the grading
- to put under the teacher's news forum, a student question forum
Then we advice them to see the other sections together as a studyguide:
- we decided to use only the week approach in our first year
- we advice teachers to organise student activities around a week theme
- make all the hyperlinks good descriptions of the tasks on level deeper (in the moduls)
- we integrated the right column in the left column to make more room for these descriptions.
- if you make a (print) dump in Word of the sections, you can read it as a studyguide.
- a button that collects all the hyperlinks of the sections and gives a nice printout
- a second button that collects for a student all the current weeks of all his current courses and makes a to-do-activity-table for current week...