No reply button

No reply button

by Klaus Rosmanitz -
Number of replies: 2
When using group mode (either seperate or visible groups - it doesn't matter) students do not get a "Post button" to post  their replies. I've tried and looked for everything but it doesn't work.

However, when I change the forum settings to  "no groups" everything works fine !! What  am I doing wrong thoughtful
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Klaus Rosmanitz

Re: No reply button

by Frances Bell -
I am only using groups for the first time so this is a guess - (Set to Groups visible) If student A in red group makes a post, Student B in blue group will be able to see the post but not reply (only to posts from other blue group members).
Alternative suggestion, post this question in Groups forum.
In reply to Klaus Rosmanitz

Re: No reply button

by James Ballard -
Don't get a button after their reply editor, or don't get the option to click Reply at the end of the post they are reading?

In the latter case you will most likely find that the post was not made to a group. For example, a teacher in two groups must select which group they are in when they post so that that group can reply to it. To have the same discussion apply to multiple groups you must create it multiple times. If you post to no group, all groups can see it but no one can reply. I'm not sure if this is intentional or a bug. This only applies to teacher/admin posts who are in multiple groups - a student automatically posts to their group as would a teacher in only one group. Visible and seperate only determines whether students can see a posts posted under a different group.

When in group mode you should see something like this:
DiscussionStarted byGroupRepliesUnread clear.gifLast post
Missing Content f2.png James Ballard staff 2 0 James Ballard
Mon, 9 Oct 2006, 01:45 PM

Notice the third column is Group - this specifies who can reply, so in this instance only someone in the staff group could reply. A blank group means no one can reply. Visible would let the other group "students" see these posts but not reply, however we use seperate so the "student" group would not even see this discussion.

Hope that makes sense,

Yours
James
Average of ratings: Useful (1)